Pages

Tuesday 29 October 2013

CEDT - Meet Neil Burley

Creative Expressions Design Team - Meet the Team

Name: Neil Burley

Here is a photo of one of the projects Neil submitted to us as part of his CEDT application:-

About Neil:
Introduce yourself briefly... I'm Neil Burley, also known on the internet as perfectly4med, and I've just finished an extended diploma in Art and Design at Leicester College and opened my own teaching studio.

How did you get into crafting? It started with squidging some paint between pearlescent paper – and then I got introduced to rubber stamping. Over fifteen years later, I've made it into my career.

How would you describe your style? A bit of everything! I can create anything from a clean and simple card to a large sculpture for the garden, a 12 x 12” layout to a beaded necklace. I also quilt and crochet. I like to learn new techniques and use whatever is new in craft-land, so my ‘style’ is constantly evolving.

Where do you draw inspiration from? I'm used to being inspired by the products and materials I've been asked to use. For my ‘freestyle’ pieces, nature and geometry are my main inspirations. For techniques I turn to magazines, books and art journalling videos on the internet.

What’s your favourite technique right now? Water colouring with Distress Re inkers over a heat embossed resist.

What’s your favourite colour? Anything in the blue/purple spectrum.

What do you like to snack on whilst crafting? I don’t snack while crafting as I don’t like the greasy finger marks. I normally have a cup of tea or a diet coke on the side though.

What do you do when you’re not crafting? Dreaming new designs and ideas, planning new workshops, teaching them, keeping the allotment, walking my two dogs or catching up with admin and accounts. Oh, and I'm responsible for the housework.

Tell us a random fact about yourself... I used to be a psychiatrist.

What craft tool couldn't you live without? My scalpel (kept from my Uni days!)

If your house was on fire, what’s the first thing you would save from your craft room?
The computer! It has a digital record of all my work, college course as well as being a significant investment – I’d have to blog the event after all!

If you want to see more of Neil's creative designs, then visit his blog and FOLLOW HIM at http://perfectly4med.co.uk 

Welcome to the team Neil - we are really excited to have you on board and look forward to seeing what amazing projects you create for us over the next year!


2 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard Neil, looking forward to seeing your creative pieces. Enjoy. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard , look forward to creating alongside you x

    ReplyDelete