Pages

Thursday 31 October 2013

CEDT - Meet Tracy Heaton

Creative Expressions Design Team - Meet the Team

Name: Tracy Heaton

Here is a photo of one of the projects Tracy submitted to us as part of her CEDT application:-


About Tracy:-

Introduce yourself briefly... My name is Tracy Heaton, I live on Anglesey with my husband, daughter, two dogs, one cat and three chickens.

How did you get into crafting? I don't really remember not crafting. I started sewing and knitting when I was really young. I've had a go at most crafts, including quilting, glass painting, mosaic and dressmaking. I discovered paper crafting about 15 years ago and have never looked back.

How would you describe your style? Experimental. Whilst sometimes I have an idea of where I'm going with a project, I often adopt a 'go with the flow' approach and try a variety of techniques to produce a finished piece

Where do you draw inspiration from? I'm so lucky to live in a beautiful part of the country, and can't help but be inspired by my surroundings, the ever changing textures and colours of the sea and countryside never fail to inspire.

What’s your favourite technique right now? I love to add texture to my projects and at the moment that includes texture paste and ink sprays.

What’s your favourite colour? I love blues and reds, but find it so difficult to choose a favourite colour – I love them all!

What do you like to snack on whilst crafting? I don't tend to snack whilst crafting, but I can't live without my Red bush tea – it's my crafting essential.

What do you do when you’re not crafting? I craft most days, in fact, if I'm not crafting, it's probably because I'm asleep!

Tell us a random fact about yourself... I'm a pop music trivia whiz

What craft tool couldn't you live without? My Tim Holtz ruler

If your house was on fire, what’s the first thing you would save from your craft room? My Distress ink/paint/stain stash.

If you want to see more of Tracy's projects, then visit her blog and FOLLOW HER at http://www.ahintofmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/

Welcome to the team Tracy - looking forward to seeing all of your amazing projects!!

3 comments:

  1. Stunning entry piece :)
    Can't wait to see more of your work :)

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard Tracy, so glad to have you on the team. Lovely piece of art. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece , welcome and look forward to creating alongside you x

    ReplyDelete