Pages

Tuesday 5 November 2013

CEDT - Meet Donna Ratcliffe

Creative Expressions Design Team - Meet the Team

NameDonna Ratcliffe


Here is a photo of one of the projects Donna submitted to us as part of her CEDT application:-


About Donna:-
Introduce yourself briefly... I’m Donna and I’m a craftaholic! Had a full time cake decorating business with my mother for many years but now this has become very much a part time business and I now work full time in a large craft retail chain.  Pretty much all my spare time is spent either crafting, reading or walking and playing with my crazy dog. So as I say a craftaholic….if I’m not working in craft I’m playing with it!

How did you get into crafting? I had a grandmother who liked to make things and my mother has always been a crafty type so I guess it’s in the genes! I’ve enjoyed arts and crafts ever since I was a little girl and over the years have done many different crafts……cross stitching, sewing, jewellery, knitting, crochet, cake decorating (professionally) and of course paper crafting.

How would you describe your style?  I guess I lean more to the vintage and grungy side but with a dash of prettiness thrown in!!

Where do you draw inspiration from? It comes from all sorts of places…….tv, magazines, things I see around me…..I’ll see something that catches my eye and think ‘ooh now if I was to do that and combine it with…….and then I could……’ and all of a sudden I have a new project floating round in my head!

What’s your favourite technique right now? Not so much a technique but recently rediscovered my cosmic shimmer paints that had sat in the back of the cupboard for a few years so enjoying playing with those at the moment.

What’s your favourite colour? Pick one colour? Sorry can’t be done! I guess I lean towards the autumn shades BUT then I also like pinks, lilacs and blues…………..told you I couldn’t pick one!

What do you like to snack on whilst crafting? Not so bothered about snacking whilst crafting but you have to have a good cup of tea (or 2 or 3) whilst crafting!

What do you do when you’re not crafting? Think about crafting! No, seriously I like to read and spend time with my crazy spaniel.

Tell us a random fact about yourself... love a fish finger sandwich complete with brown sauce! How’s that for random!! LOL!

What craft tool couldn’t you live without? Something very simple but incredibly useful….my non-stick craft sheet.

If your house was on fire, what’s the first thing you would save from your craft room? In all honesty I probably wouldn’t think of saving anything as long as my family and dog was safe. If I did try to grab anything it would probably be my boxes of stamps.

If you want to see more of Donna's creative designs, then visit her blog and FOLLOW HER at http://donnaslittlecraftycorner.blogspot.co.uk/

Welcome to the team Donna - we are all really excited to work with you and see your fabu

4 comments:

  1. Thrilled to,have you join us Donna. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to put a face to a name, Donna :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece , nice to be working alongside you, look forward to it x trace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to working with you and I so love your belle of the ball creation :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete