Pages

Thursday 7 November 2013

CEDT - Meet Trace Metcalfe

Creative Expressions Design Team - Meet the Team

NameTrace Metcalfe


Last (and by no means least) is the final member of our DT; Trace Metcalfe. You will no doubt be familiar with Tracey's work as Trace has been another valued member of the Creative Expressions Design Team for over a year now! We are delighted to have her back for another year.

For those of you who haven't met Trace before, here is a bit more information about her:-

Introduce yourself briefly... Hi I am Trace Metcalfe a crafty wife and mum of 3, I love crafting and my main passion is stamping. I love how you can start with a plain piece of card or tags, a piece of board or canvas and with stamps and inks create something from nothing! My main influence is Tim Holtz whose work never fails to amaze and inspire me…..and without the distress range not sure where my crafting would be!

How did you get into crafting? I started crafting from an early age and have always dabbled in all sorts, silk painting, drawing ( not very well! ) and many more and then after moving far away from my family and friends went to a stamping workshop and came away armed with stamps , inks and a heat tool….the rest as they say is history!

How would you describe your style? My style is constantly changing and developing slightly as I tweak my style but I guess my style is vintage. I love all things distress and am always a sucker for steampunk and male inspired creations. Although I do have a softer side too!

Where do you draw inspiration from? My main inspiration is Tim Holtz, whose work is a constant source of inspiration and whose products I just love! However since being part of the wonderful blogging community I am also inspired by the wealth of talent and inspiration from lots of my blogging friends.

What’s your favourite technique right now? My favourite technique right now and actually a total loved technique of all time is wrinkle free distress.. I also love using this technique with Distress Stains and Distress paints.

What’s your favourite colour? For crafty purposes it has to be brown, from the gorgeous tones of vintage photo to the softness of frayed burlap…I love how many wonderful shades of brown are in the Distress palette.

What do you like to snack on whilst crafting? Nothing, I do love a cup of coffee though.

What do you do when you’re not crafting? When I am not crafting I love spending time with my lovely children and wonderful Husband and also spend many an hour pouring over my crafty friends blogs... oh and Pinterest! Lots of inspiration to be had there too! If I am not doing that I am probably shopping for crafty goodies to add to my stash!

Tell us a random fact about yourself... I used to be a primary school teacher.

What craft tool couldn't you live without? My Craft mat, blending tools, Distress inks and stamps……sorry I NEED all these! Oh and tags!

If your house was on fire, what’s the first thing you would save from your craft room? My Tim Holtz stamps and some photos of my family.

You can see more gorgeous cards and mixed media makes from Tracy on her blog here, including all her Creative Expressions DT pieces. 

We hope you've enjoyed 'meeting' our Design Team over the last eight weeks! If you have we would love to hear your feedback, just leave a comment below or on our Facebook page

2 comments:

  1. So pleased you are staying with us on the Team Trace, a pleasure to create alongside you . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy xx a pleasure to e on the team and work alongside you xx

      Delete