If you haven't already seen we have just launched a new mini series of colouring basics with Creative Expressions Demonstrator Lisa Horton. The series will consist of a handful of tutorials for you to learn how to colour like a pro. Videos include colouring using red, which is the hardest colour to create depth and shading, skin tones, hair and more.
Lisa uses her Stamp Sets designed exclusively for Creative Expressions, Mr and Mrs Claus CEC787 and her Scandinavian style Gnome Stamp Set 'Make Gnome Mistake' CEC791 and a selection of Graphmaster Markers. All avaible from Creative Expressions stockists.
- Use good quality paper, such as our Foundations Card in Bright White, it has a smooth finish which works amazing with the Graphmaster Alcohol Markers.
- To avoid bleeding stamp lines use a Dye Based Ink pad to stamp with.
- When colouring start with lighter colours first and build up to dark areas and do this process twice. However when colouring skin tones do the opposite start with your darker colours fading to your lightest.
- To create warmer tones use orange and yellow over colours.
- Use Cool greys to add depth.
- Use warm greys to create a vintage look.
Take a look at our Gallery, all designs by Lisa Horton, pin your favourite on Pinterest!